During your Appalachia HEAT Squad® Energy Audit, you will learn:
- Where you are losing heat
- If your insulation is adequate
- Where you are wasting electricity
- If there are health and safety concerns (moisture, air quality, gas leaks, carbon monoxide)
- Make Your Home More Comfortable by performing air sealing to reduce drafts, block air leakage, and installing insulation to create a warm home in the winter and keep it cool in the summer
In addition your comprehensive same day energy report will detail prioritized recommendations, estimated energy savings, and cost ranges.
We even help you find financing to complete the project and can help with rebates when available. We can offer a 2% rate for a maximum $15,000 on a personal, unsecured loan to make your energy improvement. Contact us today for more information!
How can I schedule my Home Energy Audit?
Energy Efficient Improvements
Save Money With Home Energy Improvements
The Appalachia HEAT Squad® is focused on helping you live comfortably and affordably in your home. After you complete a Home Energy Audit and identify the improvements that will deliver the greatest savings to your home energy costs, we can help you move forward with making these improvements.
Typically Recommended Improvements
Two improvements that nearly always get the biggest results for the investment are air sealing and adding insulation to the attic and basement. Your energy auditor can help you choose the energy improvements that make the most sense for your home, timeline, and budget.
Types of Improvements
- Air Sealing reduces air leakage. The materials commonly used are foam or caulk, applied to the top of the foundation wall (rim joist), any attic penetrations, windows, and doors.
- Upgraded insulation will increase comfort by retaining heat in the winter and coolness in the summer. The materials commonly used include spray foam, cellulose, and rigid board that can be applied to attics, basements, and walls.
- Replacement of old furnaces, boilers, or other equipment with energy efficient heating, ventilating, and air conditioning units will help cut costs.
- Upgrading hot water systems with new efficient technology, such as a heat pump hot water heater will help reduce costs.
What is Appalachia HEAT Squad®?
Appalachia HEAT Squad® is a collaboration between nonprofits which provides affordable energy audits, objective advice, and in-house financing options to residents (of all income levels) across certain counties in Appalachia. We’re objective and will help every step of the process.
What is an Energy Audit?
An energy audit is an evaluation that tells you how efficiently your home uses energy. Most people find that their homes are not conserving heat or using energy as well as they could. Appalachia HEAT Squad®’s in-house energy auditors will assess your home thoroughly for efficiency and write a detailed audit report right on-site. The audit will identify problem areas and recommend improvements that you can make, outline the cost of these improvements, and show estimated yearly savings for each suggestion.
Why should I improve the energy efficiency of my home?
There are three great reasons to improve your home’s energy efficiency. Most homes see savings on their heating bill, you improve the comfort of your home, and you reduce your carbon footprint and help to protect our environment.
How much does the energy audit cost?
For audit pricing information, please contact the partner organization in your area.